Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Erik Hanberg

On October 31st, our first guest speaker for the TINST 207 course arrived to present the story of his life as someone working in the virtual world (his name, Erik Hanberg). To be quite frank, I didn't take any notes on his presentation only because I primarily cared about having three questions for the question sheet. Meaning, I don't remember too much in terms of specifics, but hey, I have to do this assignment so I'll just fill in as many words as I can.

That being said, his presentation was quite interesting in terms of learning about what he does in the virtual world. From what I can remember, he became known for some of his works such as the Little Book series.

I guess I can go over some questions I was curious about. For example, I was wondering if there was a specific book or book series that intrigued him into wanting to become an author. It's always interesting where people get their inspirations from since everyone has their own method of how they want to live their life. I wish that were the case for me since I have no idea what I want to do with my life. I've taken two years in WSU and essentially spent three quarters at UWT already and still can't find my calling in life; it's quite frustrating (despite everyone saying you'll find your way eventually, but there's only so long eventually should/will last). Honestly, kudos to Erik Hanberg for having his place within the technological, virtual world since technology continues to advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment