Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Hot Topic

It's been noted near the beginning of the quarter that everyone would have to partake in a student presentation on a topic, but I have no idea if the topic(s) we choose will be what we present or if it's from a randomized list. Regardless, I'm not too sure what I would want to present on since there's nothing related to technology that I have a strong opinion on as of right now.

However, if I were to choose something to talk about, I would probably choose within the subject of robots. Because technology has advanced so much, the usage of robots have dramatically increased exponentially. This is because they have been used to help individuals within facilities (such as factories) to help increase the rate of work. What I would elect to present would be on how robotics have advanced technologically, whether it was based on specific machinery that was invented or (re)discovered and addressing their functions.

I guess I'm sort of interested in this topic because I was sort of immersed in it back in the day. During one of my high school years, I decided to join the Robotics Club that was available at my school mainly to see what it was all about and to get a little bit of an idea of what robotics was. I was a total rookie, so I often would require the assistance of other veterans to complete whatever tasks were provided to us. The main takeaway I got from this small experience was that so many different mechanical parts were necessary in order for a robot to do a relatively simple command like tossing a ball.

Yes, I may not know much about robotics at all, but I was able to see what it was like for a brief moment, which can help me formulate some sort of presentation if I had to present on the topic of robotics and its evolution in machinery.

No comments:

Post a Comment